Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Well we are still waiting.

Came home from work early today, as Ruth seemed to be showing signs of early labour. However as I write this at 715pm it seems that the panic is over.

If nothing else happens Ruth will have labour induced at StJames hospital sometime on Thursday (06/09). I may have been moaning about the waiting recently, almost as much as Ruth , who in fairness has something to moan about! Readingf Sams blog post about Meg has put things in perspective.

It amazes me as I get (a bit) older how often this happens. Just as I am getting all tired and pi**ed off with my lot, Smack! a healthy dose of perspective. This country and many ot the people who live in it could do with a double dose. Especially the person who rang me up at work to complain that because his insurance documents were a day late, he was unable to pick up his Ferrari as it couln't be taxed without it and the garage wouldn't let it go. The car was worth £135,000.

First of all I find it obscene that anyone can spend that can spend that amount on a car. Secondly, how can a person moan about waiting one extra day? people around the world have waited a lifetime for justice and never got it. Most of them in dignified silence. Or what a yound girl with her life ahead of her, the hopes and dreams of her parents, suddenly plunged into doubt and fear?

In future I will be tempted to direct complaints like this to Sams post on Meg.

They probably wouln't see the point though, bastards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday 10:32pm
Good Luck for tomorrow Paul.

Remember what I said. The old Semen can thin the walls of the cervix, gospel, honest. The midwife at last years pre-natal classes told us. So stop fookin about and climb on top and help her along !!

All the best,

Baz